Is there a long recovery after the vasectomy?

In brief: No

The recovery time is fairly short, especially if a no-scalpel vasectomy is performed.
I recommend about 2 to 3 days of no strenuous activity and then slowly begin normal activities as tolerated. Usually, only tylenol (acetaminophen) is all that is needed during the recovery phase.

In brief: No

Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Jesse Mills
Urology

In brief: No

Most men need a couple of days of limited activity, ice packs to the scrotum and then can resume regular activity.
I tell my men to refrain from heavy lifting for 7 days; they can resume intercourse (with another form of birth control) in 3-4 days after the procedure. A man must return for a post-vasectomy semen analysis at 6 and 12 weeks to ensure a successful procedure.

In brief: No

Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Jesse Mills