My crown on lower back tooth doesn't go to the gum line. It is irritating. Do I need another crown? It tears up my floss even. I recently had a crown put in on my lower back tooth. It's the one all the way furthest in the back. It's been two months and my

Roswell, This . Roswell, this new crown doesn't sound like it’s at the level of quality i would put in my patients mouth or mine. Without taking a look, it doesn't mean this crown won't work. I would keep in mind, sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you pay a lot and get too little, and sometime you pay a fair price and get a tremendous value. In this case $1000 to $1500 crown may seem expensive, but when you break down the cost over the next 30-40 years of use, and the savings in time, pain and health from not needing root canal therapy or even extraction, what a value! if you paid less then maybe you got less. It would be fair to go back to your current dentist and give them the opportunity to address your concerns. If no resolution is found, then you need to find a dentist who will give you the quality you desire at a cost you feel is fair. Hope this is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313.
As . As dr. Mcleod said, the issue is not that the crown doesnt go to the gumline. It will not decay for that reason. The problem is the tearing of the floss.
If . If a new crown catches floss that is a sure sign that there is an overhanging margin or an open margin and that can be the death knell for the success of that tooth. The discussion about whether the crown should or should not extend to the gum line or below is another matter. I would go back to your doctor and ask him to review the situation, or get a second opinion and try again. Dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.