I had implants put in over 2 two weeks ago. I had a a lot of novacane I am still numb and have an awful burning on my lips. I my dentist tells me this is normal. The burning is unbearable. He says he could last for many weeks. I wonder if this is

Still numb. Lower local anesthesia and implants carry the complication of a persistent par-aesthesia. A oral surgeon needs to be consulted immediately. A 3-d image needs to be taken to identify the reason for the numbness. The most common likelyhood is a bruised nerve from the shot., which goes away.But all possibities need to check out. Complications are never welcomed but usually turn out ok, when checked.
Nanuet, Does . Nanuet, does not sound normal but, it does sound like it should resolve. This is a question for a local oral surgeon that you should see sooner than later. Hope this is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburbansquare.Com.
Nerve affected. Your nerve has been affected. If these are in the lower jaw, then the integrity of the inferior alveolar nerve has been compromised. If it has simply been irritated, then it usually will fade away over time -- weeks - months. If it has been damaged or if the implants are pressing on it then it may be permanent. See an oral surgeon. You may need a scan to see if there is impingement on the nerve.
The . The symptoms from which you are complaining are not normal, you should not e experiencing numbness or tingling. I am curious to know where exactly the implants were placed. I strongly advise you to speak to your dentist, and if you do not get a satisfactory answer and relief i suggest that you speak to an oral surgeon as soon as possible. Dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.