I am 18 years old. And in the past year have been experiencing overwhelming panic attacks. What would a doctor perscribe for me? I am 18 years old. My father and grandfather both take aderol for there very intense anxiety. I realized i had it a year ago.

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Panic attacks

Panic attacks or symptoms of 'agoraphobia' can be debilitating.
I think it is best to have a strategy to deal with it -- such as planning to avoid or reduce the impact of some of your triggers. (Say shopping on a monday night, when less crowds are expected). A psychologist can do wonders to help you with 'psychotherapy'. That's what I reach for, BEFORE meds, because meds can have side effects.

In brief: Panic attacks

In brief: Hello.

Hello. The medical provider would likely do a comprehensive assessment prior to providing you treatment options.
I sincerely hope you would be open to non-medication forms of treatment as well. Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is normally used for adhd, not for anxiety. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors can be beneficial for both anxiety disorders and for depression.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Cindy Juster