I've been having consistent stabbing pain in my left shoulder blade with numbness in my left hand. X-rays did not show anything. Mri of my neck showed mild degenerative disc disease in c6-c7 with no pinching of the nerve. Condition started gradually and n

Dr. Chaim Colen
Neurosurgery

In brief: EMG

Would have a very careful clinical examination performed and an EMG to better elucidate the problem.

In brief: EMG

Dr. Chaim Colen
Dr. Chaim Colen
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: The

The shoulder blade pain and hand numbness may not be related.
The hand numbness may be from carpal tunnel syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome. Good luck!

In brief: The

Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Agree

Agree they may not be related shoulder instability can give at times the feeling of hand numbness and "deadness" but constant tinglihn in the hand can be a nerve compression syndrome such as carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel or others even with mild DJD there may be some radicular symptoms to the hand frm the neck but not enought to warrant spine surgery.
The nerve study may shed some more light on this.

In brief: Agree

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Eric Weisman