What are the warning signs I should look for if I have a progesterone iud?

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology
In brief: IUD
The majority of the problems with any IUD are noticed within the first 2-4 weeks after insertion.
Abnormal bleeding, severe pain, fever, foul smelling vaginal discharge are the most common signs of trouble.

In brief: IUD
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Expulsion
With all iuds, there is a 4% risk that the IUD will be expelled.
Usually this happens in the first four months after insertion. Usually it is accompanied by heavy bleeding and pain. In addition, a woman can get pregnant with the IUD so if you experience morning sickness lie symptoms, etc you should check a pregnancy test. There is a higher chance that the pregnancy may be in the fallopian tube.

In brief: Expulsion
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Jeff Livingston
I believe the expulsion rate quoted for Mirena is 1/1760