What are quantitative hCG blood tests?

Hormone test. Human chorionic gonadotrophic hormone is generally increased in pregnancy and serves as the basis of pregnancy tests. Quantitative HCG tests also provide information about the health of the placenta. High HCG levels are also seen in some tumors of the ovary and testes.
HCG levels. The quantitative HCG is a measurement of the amount of pregnancy hormone in the blood. A qualitative HCG is simply a test to detect the presence of the pregnancy hormone - it does not indicate how much hormone is present, which relates to how advanced a pregnancy may be. The urine pregnancy test is qualitative - a blood test can be either qualitative or quantitative.