What is the danger in riding thrill rides with a stent? I had a heart attack in 2002 and one in 2003. I do not currently have a cardiologist. I had a stress test in 2010 and all was fine. He actually said you'll live to be 83. I am on plavix, (clopidogrel

Stents . Stents implanted greater than one year have allowed a new endothelial lining to cover the inside of the stent. This "carpet lining of new cells" protects the stent from further clotting. Anti-platelet medications such as plavix, (clopidogrel) effient, or brillinta afford continued protection from stent and natural coronary artery clot events. Immediately after stent deployment, the metal cage is scaffolded within the arterial pipe. This means that the stent is permanently fixed. Not even a surgeon can readily move the stent. Thrill rides increase heart rate and blood pressure due to excitement and fear. This effect increases stress on the heart muscle, possibly limiting oxygenated blood flow. Stents are not affected by gravity or speed conditions. But heart attacks can, and do, occur from other non-stented coronary plaques. A recent stress test, controlled blood pressure, aggressively lowered cholesterol levels, non-smoking status, and daily assertive exercise are the keys to preparation for any thrill ride safety. Ask your personal cardiologist to review the above and comment on your cardiac safety before attempting any thrill ride. A heart attack could ruin a vacation.
See cardiologist. I would recommend seeing a cardiologist on a regular basis, perhaps once a year or so given a history of prior heart attack. Sometimes cardiologist with say to follow up only as needed however there are new med treatments all the time so you will want to take advantage of these. Regarding riding thrill rides with a stent, the danger is from increased Adrenalin which may increase risk.