Do i need to see a doctor or should I be patient, and rest my leg? While playing backyard volleyball, i was stepping forward, i heard a pop in my calf. My calf is swollen, painful, and i can't hardly walk. I have been doing rice - rest, ice, compression,

In brief: Hello.

Hello. I am wondering it you strained or had a tear in your soleus or gastrocnemius muscles or possibily something involving your achilles tendon.
Don't know if you just injured your leg or if it was a while back. It sounds like you have been giving it the right kind of care. Because you can barely walk, i would recommend getting it evaluated.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Eran Kessous
Sports Medicine

In brief: You

You probably sustained a strain or a tear in one of your calf muscle or tendon (or the musculo-tendinous junction.
I would highly recommend that you see a specialist to provide a proper diagnosis and plan of care. Rehab of these type of injuries is of a great importance relating to a healthy and proper return to play.

In brief: You

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine