What would be wrong with a muscle in your foot if it was injured and now there is extreme pain whenever pressure is applied? It was hurt 1 year ago, i rested it and now there is sharp pain in my foot to where i can hardly walk.

In brief: Is it a muscle?

Are you sure it's a muscle that is hurting? The foot is a complex structure with 26 bones, 19 muscles and dozens of tendons and ligaments.
Any pain that relates back to a year old injury should be evaluated by a podiatrist and x-rays possibly obtained. Without more specific information of where the pain is located, what type of pain, what makes it better/worse .....That's the best i can offer.

In brief: Is it a muscle?

Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: It's

It's impossible for me to tell you what's wrong with your foot or why you are having pain without examining you and getting more information about the injury and treatment, but i can tell you this: it's probably not muscle that's hurting you.
While there are muscles in the foot, none of them are all that big, and most of the foot is bone, ligaments and tendon. If you've been fine following your injury and just now developed pain, it might not even be related to your original injury. If your original injury involved a fracture across a joint, such injuries, over time, tend to develop arthritis in the joint. Needless to say, the best advice i can give you is to see a podiatrist, get an x-ray, and start feeling better. Good luck!

In brief: It's

Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine