Does black cohosh help relieve menopause symptoms? I keep hearing about black cohosh as an alternative for hormone replacement therapy for menopause. What is it? Does it really work? .

Hello. . Hello. There are studies that support that an extract of black cohosh can help menopausal symptoms to the same extent as a low-estrogen patch. Many women find this an attractive alternative to hormone replacement because there is no evidence that black cohosh thickens the endometrium or increases the risks for breast cancer or stroke.
When . When considering your options for hormone replacement i think it warrants at least one visit to a licensed practitioner to get to know your options and the possible risks and benefits of same. If you are particularly interested in herbs of course naturopaths or chinese medicine practitioners are likely to provide reasonable options. I have been influenced enough by chinese herbal medicine to believe that a combination of herbs is generally preferable to just one.