What are the causes of ovarian cancer?

Many. Common risk factors include family history of gynecologic cancer (including ovarian and breast cancers), nulligravidity (i.e. Few or no pregnancies), polycystic ovarian syndrome, smoking, endometriosis, and obesity. As with the majority of cancers, ovarian cancer develops with characteristic genetic alterations that lead to unchecked growth of cells. This process is multifactorial.
Unknown, but... Anything that stimulates the ovaries can theoretically increase risk for ovarian cancer, whether fertility drugs or the constant stimulation of uninterrupted monthly cycles in women who never get pregnant. However, the risk is low. There is no good screening test for ovarian cancer, so just pay attention to your body and let your doctor know of any abdominal discomfort. And try not to worry!