How important is it to wear my compression garment after Vaser liposuction? I've seen some doctors say they don't think it really helps, and they don't even give their patients the garment to wear after Vaser liposuction. Does that mean I don't need to wo

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It is important

Compressive garment will keep the swelling down, prevents fluid build up called seroma and will help you help in good shape.
Not wearing it could compromise the result. It also feels more comfortable to move around with it.

In brief: It is important

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: My

My opinion - compression garments should be worn after any type of liposuction, to contour the areas and to shrink the loose skin evenly.

In brief: My

Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
Dr. Subramaniam Arumugam
Dr. Elan Singer
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: This

This is a question best suited for your plastic surgeon.
Compression garments are not magic. Some believe they help with post-operative swelling, some believe they help "shape" the treated area, and others believe they don't do a thing. The only opinion that should matter in your case is that of your plastic surgeon. You probably spent time researching your doctor prior to surgery--thus, have faith in his/her opinion! good luck!

In brief: This

Dr. Elan Singer
Dr. Elan Singer
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: The

The need for the post surgical garment depends on your surgeons approach to liposuction.
Knowing that, let your surgeon dictate the need for the compression garments. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.

In brief: The

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Dr. Leonard Grossman