Why did my sex drive increase after menopause? I had my last period about eighteen months ago. I expected my sex life to get worse for a while, but in fact it's better than ever! is this normal? .

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That is very unusual.
Most women do have a decrease in their sex drive after menopause. There are some women who do note an increase, but this is unusual. It is not abnormal though.

In brief: That

That is very unusual.
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Can happen

Some times the threat of pregnancy and need to use birth control can cause anxiety and being freed up from that can result in a notable improvement in sex life after menopause!! Great !!, Best Wishes

In brief: Can happen

Dr. Daniel Lebowitz
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine