How to get rid of fungal nail infection? Is there any good treatment for this infection? I took antibiotic Lamisil for several months and use creams and lacquers. Nothing help. I have it on toe nails and on my finger nails appear dark thin marks. It does

In brief: Be sure it's fungus

You should have your nails cultured by a podiatrist to confirm it is actually fungus.
Other conditions can cause darkening and thickening of nails and some, like melanoma, are very serious. Also, how long was Lamisil (terbinafine) treatment? For toenails, you need to take it daily for 3 months and then wait an additional 6+ months for clear nail to replace the infected nail.

In brief: Be sure it's fungus

Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger

In brief: Hello.

Hello. I don't when the last time was that your nails were looked at by a dermatologist.
If the what you are describing as dark thin marks are verticle black lines under the nails, it could be melonychia or melanoma. So it it fits that description and these changes were not there, when viewed by the dermaologist, recommend that you be assessed again. Lazer treatment for fungal infections is reported to be very effective but also expensive.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Is it fungus?

There are topical and oral antifungal medications available for the treatment of nail fungus.
Specialized lasers are also now available for treatment of fungal nail infections. Have your nails evaluated and get the appropriate treatment.

In brief: Is it fungus?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat