What causes uterine cancer? I've been diagnosed with uterine cancer. Did something i did cause the cancer? .

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Whenever

Whenever a patient gets a diagnosis of cancer, they always wonder if they did something to cause it.
The fact is, that in almost every cancer there are genetic and environmental predispositions, that cannot be controlled by the patient at all, no matter how careful the patient is. The average age of uterine cancer is 61. The vast majority of cases come about for no obvious reason that can be determined. There is a slightly higher risk in women who are obese, diabetic, have hypertension, or never had children, but most women do not have those risk factors. I am sorry that you are going through this condition and i wish you the best.

In brief: Whenever

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Jane Van Dis