Can septoplasty cure sleep apnea? I've been using a cpap machine for a couple of years. I hate it. My doctor wants me to have a septoplasty for my deviated septum, but she won't say whether it will cure my sleep apnea..

Improving . Improving chronic nasal obstruction can help with sleep apnea, though there's often more going on in the airway to cause blockage than the septum. No one can guarantee that septoplasty surgery will cure the sleep apnea. A careful examination should help with pinpointing what areas are leading to your sleep apnea. Regardless of the sleep apnea, septoplasty can help with chronic nasal obstruction which may be enough of an indication for you to have surgery if it bothers you enough.
Sleeppnea . Sleeppnea has many contributing causes and a deviated septum may be one component.So don't be disappointed if after having a septoplasty that your symptoms have magically
The . The pathology of sleep apnea is completely separate from your septum. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.