Is it ok to have cold breast milk?

Dr. Roy Benaroch
It's traditional to warm breast milk or formula before feeding it to a baby, but honestly there's no particular reason either can't be served cold.
Babies might not take to it at first if they're used to the warm stuff, and i imagine warm milk is more like nursing, so maybe more comforting... But there's no crucial reason to warm the contents of a bottle.

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Roy Benaroch
Dr. Lisa Roberts
After my first daughter was born, i realized it was cumbersome to keep warming up refrigerated milk.
After all, most older children (and adults!) drink cold milk so why not my baby. It turned out that she took it just fine. I eliminated one less step and still had a happy baby. Try it- you might find you have saved yourself a lot of trouble-especially you're away from home and you need to feed.

Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Cindy Juster