How are cavities in baby teeth filled? Our three year old son is going to need a cavity in a baby tooth filled, and we would like some idea of what the procedure will be like. Is it the same as for adults? .

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Pretty much

Fillings in children's teeth are anatomically adjusted to match the shape of baby teeth, but the procedures are pretty much the same.
Dentists are really pretty good at making the experience easy and comfortable for your child. Once the cavity is filed, talk to your dentist about proper brushing, mandatory flossing, diet, sealants, and fluoride, to reduce risk of further problems.

In brief: Pretty much

In brief: In

In essence, it is the same as adults.
Many times, the cavity is so very small that the dentist can use the drill without an injection. I'm sure he will be just fine.

In brief: In

In essence, it is the same as adults.
Dr. Gary Chapman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: About the same

Fillings (restorations) in teeth are similar between baby teeth and permanent teeth.
Baby teeth are more fragile, have thinner enamel and larger pulps than their permanent counterparts. Special care is taken by the dentist as they restore baby teeth. Some baby teeth are not restorable, in these cases the dentist will remove them and place a very important space maintainer.

In brief: About the same

In brief: Boardman, It's

Boardman, it's the same procedure as an adult with a lot more fun.
In my office a child's visit to is about empowering them, if we happen to get a "bad guy" out, all the better. Our goal is never to do a filling, it is focused on having fun! i know this is tough for most adults to believe, but their bad experiences tend to jade reality. And yes, we always use anesthetic. How can we have fun if your child is in pain? Hope this is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburbansquare.Com.

In brief: Boardman, It's

Dr. Jonathan Jassey