Do I have to live with constant moderate to severe pain? And what is wrond with me? 32 year old male previous hernia surgery left side five years ago healed fine. Moderate to severe pain in left hip radiating down leg and into right side. Swelling and pai

Dr. Emil Shakov
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Sciatica

Sounds like a slipped or bulging disc at l5/s1 in the spine.
See an orthopedic surgeon and get an mri.

In brief: Sciatica

Dr. Emil Shakov
Dr. Emil Shakov
Dr. Ralph Wolf
Also check on MRI L4/L5 disc health.
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: You

You maybe describing sciatica.
That is leg pain caused by a pinched sciatic nerve. Sciatica commonly presents with back, hip and leg pain and may be associated with numbness and tingling and weakness. Mri scan best shows a pinched nerve in the back. Treatment includes rest, anti-inflammatories, physical therapy, steroid injections and sometimes surgery. For more information see my health guide on lumbar disk herniations and sciatica. Good luck!

In brief: You

You maybe describing sciatica.
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Carl Spivak
Dr. Vikram Patel