Can you tell me the difference between fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome?

Dr. Sarkis Banipalsin
In brief: Main symptom
Although they have lots of common symptoms, but main symptom in fibromyalgia is the widespread pain while in chronic fatigue syndrome, main concern is the extreme fatigue even with minimal activity.
Some people may have both which makes the diagnosis and management harder.

In brief: Main symptom
Dr. Sarkis Banipalsin
Dr. Sarkis Banipalsin
Dr. Stevan Cordas
Fibromyalgia is more commonly found and should fulfill the rules of the American College of Rhuematology to confirm a diagnosis. An Arhthritic doctor should check you since there are both primary and secondary kinds of fibromylagias. Most cases of CFS are misdiagnosed though occasionally a postviral type syndrome is seen . Check out the revised CDC criteria to help confirm this disorder but a lot
Dr. Ron Jones
In brief: Same
I personally consider these conditions as hand in hand.

In brief: Same
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Adam Levy