Enlarged lymph nodes in a 8 yr old my 8 year old son has had what his doctor described to me as a scarred lymph node on the right side of his neck since about the age of 2. Up until a few weeks ago it was the same. I noticed the lump looked much larger, s

Monitoring Centers. Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells/digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph everywhere for bad stuff like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.
The . The thought of lymphoma is scary. The best thing to do now is wait for the biopsy results. That will give hopefully give you a definitive answer. The biopsy sounds like it is the best next step for making a diagnosis and finding out why those lymph nodes are enlarged.You have done a good job noticing that the nodes have enlarged and multiplied and gotten your son to a specialist for further evaluation. I know you're worried after your reading but hang in there until you know if you have something to truly worry about or not. If it is lymphoma then you and your physicians will come up with a treatment plan to deal with it. Speculating right now on what it may or may not be isn't helpful since you will have an answer with the biospy. Waiting is difficult. Stay hopeful. As mother's we are suppose to worry. That is how we protect our children. I hope you get good news from the biopsy and relief. Your thoughts of lymphoma are only that right now, thoughts.