I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend but I ejaculated outside her vagina. She has not got her periods yet and has been delayed by 7 days. Could she be pregnant?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

Since she is late, a home pregnancy test will help answer question.
Pre-ejaculate has sperm in it and it only takes one. Condoms are safe way to avoid parenthood.

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Sheila Goodman

A woman can get pregnant without actual penetration.
If a man ejaculates near the vagina without clothes on, sometimes the sperm can swim well enough to get her pregnant. She should check a pregnancy test. It's important to remember that a positive urine test always means she is pregnant but a negative one isn't definitive since it depends on the hormone concentration in the urine.

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman