Will my appetite increase if I exercise?

Dr. Rebecca Tennant

But don't let this stop you from exercising! your body is communicating well when it signals to you that it needs more fuel after exercise.
Your job is to be careful in selecting what to eat and how much such that you reap even more benefits from the exercise that you did than just burning calories. The increased appetite is an opportunity to feed your body what it needs!

Dr. Rebecca Tennant
Dr. Rebecca Tennant
Dr. Audie Rolnick
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Physiologic

When you do weight training you are breaking down and then rebuilding muscle.
This process requires calories to build muscle. Anabolic state of muscle building causes hunger.

In brief: Physiologic

Dr. Audie Rolnick
Dr. Audie Rolnick
Dr. Steven Seres