Can genital warts come back after having protected sex with someone ? Hpv was dormant for two years. No warts. Until protected sex with a new partner....

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: HPV

Hpv is caused by a virus.
I suggest that rather than them coming back, you have a recurrance. As dr fowler points out, there are many strains of virus and you could become infected with a new strain. When you have them removed, you only have the warts that are visual removed. Some warts are invisible even with a careful exam and colposcopy. I suggest that you discuss this situation with your physician, who may have information about the previous hpv that could help answer your questions. Best wishes.

In brief: HPV

Hpv is caused by a virus.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl

In brief: There

There are many different strains of human papilloma virus.
You could have recurrence or this could be a new strain.

In brief: There

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham