When I go on holidays, I have a hard time fitting in exercise. What can I do?

Dr. Rebecca Tennant

In brief: Make it fun

Many people stop exercising on their vacation because they don't enjoy exercise! find an activity that makes you feel good, not something that you dread doing.
On a trip you may be able to explore new activities you can't normally do in your regular life. Enjoy this! also, squeezing in 10 minutes of exercise between things and doing that 3 times a day is just as good as 30 minutes all at once.

In brief: Make it fun

Dr. Rebecca Tennant
Dr. Rebecca Tennant
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Daily activities

Make your daily activities more difficult - take the stairs, park further away, bike/ walk to work/ store, sit on a swiss ball/ at your desk and stand up every time you answer the phone, or lunge/ hop/ jump from place to place in your house.
Things like these may seem small and silly, but the increased calorie burn can add up over time. Don't forget a healthy diet!

In brief: Daily activities

Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Eric Weisman