I haven't ate in 2 weeks because my throat and chest hurt so bad when i swallow and I have a bad cough. I haven't ate in 2 weeks because my throat and chest hurt so bad when i swallow and I have a bad cough. The doctor said it's not strep throat and they

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: If

If you were given antibiotics and it did not work then there are two possibilites.
One it is a virus and will not respond to antibiotics, two, your infection is caused by a bacteria that is not sensitive to the antibiotics given. By the date of this post about five days has passed. If you are still experinecing these symptoms you need to go back to your doctor. You could be dealing with a peritonsilar abscess which is a medical emergency. On the other handif you are better, you likely had a virus that is clearing. Take care.

In brief: If

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology