What can raise my risk of getting endometriosis?

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology
In brief: Endometriosis
Since we don't know what causes endometriosis it is very hard to identify potential risks factor. But like any other disease that deals with chronic inflammation, stress, smoking, can make things worse.
To my knowledge we do not have a way to prevent or predict who is going to get endometriosis.

In brief: Endometriosis
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
In brief: Family history can b
Contributory, otherwise, there is not much behavior wise that one can do to change their risk profile.
Things that suppress ovulation: pregnancy, birth control pills can "protect" from endometriosis. Usually patient presents with symptoms of endometriosis (pain, infertility to name a few). Having a uterine anomaly that blocks menstrual flow for example would put one at risk for endo. Talk to ur md.

In brief: Family history can b
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Dr. Jane Van Dis