I am extremely congested with mucus in my nose to the point i can't breath or blow out my nose, should I go the hospital I have taken Claritin (loratadine) and Advil congestion relief already

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Nasal

Nasal congestion is pretty miserable, but without high fever, dizziness, or severe pain, you are better off calling your doctor's office for an appointment than going to the hospital.
Often congestion is not from mucus buildup, but is from swelling of the nasal tissues so there is nothing to blow out. The best things to do until your appointment are to run a humidifier in the room you sleep in, drink hot liquids (like tea or broth), or take a hot shower and breathe in the steam. These can all help you feel better. Good luck!

In brief: Nasal

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Vikram Patel