Polymyalgia rheumatica. What are recommended treatments long term after acute treatment with corticsteroids? Severe pain and weakness was sudden in upper body, but there is a history of migraines, excema, esp. Sun sensitity, and osteo arhritis with spinal

Dr. Gary Sterba
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: One

One of the ways to get correct information from a computer is to have the correct ( input) information in the computer. In medicine is the same , you need precise data to make the adecuate diagnosis .
I don t mean to under estimate you impression of how you hands look or how they feel and i don t mean to under estimate your diagnosis of aquiles tendinitis or others, but in order to make the right diagnosis in rheumatology you need to have an appropiate history and physical exam, these two features give you a very very good hint of the diagnosis , that could then be confiorm by blood test or x rays etc.... Rheumatoid arthrtis is not always rheumatoid factor positive and there are 140 varieties of rheumatic diseases . I believe you need a rheumatologist to evaluate you and try to define what your ailments are to get the propper diagnosis and the propper therapy.

In brief: One

Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine