Could I be pregnant? I have been on gianvi birth control for a couple years now. But in february I was put on azithromyacin as well as I ceased taking my pills. I had bleeding somewhere around february 16. Afterwards I began taking my active pills again o

As . As doctors, the first thing we do when we hear that a fertile woman is having a missed period or abnormal spotting, we check a pregnancy test. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period and a doctor's test can tell around when you should be getting your next period. Since you have stopped and started your pills a few times, it makes it difficult to know if and when you could have ovulated. Definitely, anytime you stop the pill, it can cause withdrawal bleeding, but does not necessarily help predict ovulation. A pregnancy test can be accurate 3-4 weeks after you think you might have conceived so can either go by that or you should wait and see if/when you have your next period. Good luck!