Need to know I am a 41 year old female i started my period three weeks ago went thru the normal 5 days then i started spotting. Yesterday i restarted what is like my period I have sore tingaly breast specially the right one, weight gain, headachs, emotion

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: If

If a patient has spotting and the symptoms described, and there is any possibility of pregnancy, then a pregnancy test should be checked.
Sometimes other hormonal fluctuations (from physical stress on the body, weight (too high or too low)) can cause abnormal spotting. Perimenopausal patients get spotting at times though 41 would be considered very young for that. If spotting continued of the patient had other symptoms, then the patient should see their provider for an evaluation, and also to be sure that their pap is up to date.

In brief: If

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Vikram Patel