Is it herpes? My girlfriend has this bump on her upper lip that developed over night, i didn't think anything of it throughout the day so i've been kissing her but now i'm kinda worried. I thought at first that it might be a pimple or something, but it lo

In brief: Can't

Can't tell you if it is herpes, but i can tell you that it might be a mucocele, which is a mucous cyst.
She may have bitten her lip accidently and crushed a small duct. Follow the link for some more info.

In brief: Can't

Dr. Steven Hart
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: It

It is not possible to determine from your description whether this is a recurrent herpes virus, although that is one of the possible diagnoses.
You can ask your girlfriend whether she has gotten this before. Recurrent herpes virus (labialis) on the lip can be caused by stress or exposure to sunlight. The individual can feel a tingling or itching in the area before it becomes visible. It often presents as multiple blisters that can break and crust over and can be contagious in these stages. Use caution until you know for sure. There are other possibilities, but she should see her dentist or physician for you both to know for sure.

In brief: It

Dr. Neil McLeod
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: As

As soon as you start sharing bodily fluids you are exchanging a bacterial flora and any time you strike up a new relationship this is a possibility.
Furthermore, if either of you have not been kissing for some time the new stimulus can irritate the area and if there is a pimple (blocked sweat duct) or a mucocoel (blocked salivary duct) or a herpetic lesion (trauma neuritis) it may flare up. I suggest abstinence and observation, and if it has not cleared up in a few days i suggest going to a doctor to have a look. Your dentist should be able to put your mind if not your desire to rest. Dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.

In brief: As