If two capped teeth have decay underneath, do they need to be uncapped and taken care of, even if they have root canals? I have partials hooked to two capped teeth on the bottom and 1 capped tooth on the upper with partials. I am receiving treatment for

Based . Based on your description you definitely need to have those caps removed and redone. Prior to doing that it sounds like you have a number of problems in your mouth i would get a comprehensive treatment plan established covering all aspects of your oral health before redoing crowns on your teeth. Is the perio under control. Lots of issues that need to be addressed.
Yes, . Yes, the crowns need to be replaced and the partial may also need to be replaced, depending on how old it is and how it is stressing your periodontally involved teeth. Root canal therapy only treats the diseased nerve. The marginal integrity of the crowns is what keeps bacteria and decay out from underneath the crowns.Failure to replace can cause these teeth to become unrestorable and need extraction, further complicating your situation.
There . There are actually two parts to your question. The first involves the root canal, this procedure will prevent you from experiencing pain and developing an infection from the root of the tooth. It also eliminates any sensation or sensitivity to the tooth, thus if a cavity is developing you would not be aware of this. Decay underneath the crowns can best be accessed and corrected by removal of the crowns. This will allow direct evaluation and elimination of the decay. Unfortunately, it also does mean that new crowns will be necessary to provide the ideal contour and fit at the gumline. I would recommend the use of a flouride rinse going forward which may help to reduce future decay.
Peoria, You . Peoria, you have got a bunch of issues going on. Not sure where to begin. What is your goal here? Sounds like too little too late. But i don't know all there is to know about your oral health. I think you best bet is a comprehensive exam with a sit down with your dentist about treatment option, alternatives, positives, negatives, costs and what would happen if you do nothing. Consider all and make a choice that best meets your wants, needs, and desires. Hope this is helpful, michael i. Wollock, dmd, agd fellow dentistry at suburban square 610-649-0313 www.Dentistryatsuburbansquare.Com.
Absolutely! . Absolutely! allowing the decay to progress can weaken the tooth enough below the cap (crown) that the tooth can break off. If these are critical anchor teeth for the partial denture, you also have to be aware that the partial denture puts added stress on these teeth (which adds to the likelihood of the teeth breaking). You will likely need new crowns and new partial dentures. If decay and periodontal disease have been persistant problems for you, i suggest you discuss with your dentist and or periodontist the possibility of utilizing dental implants to replace missing teeth. Only the dental professionals that know your medical and dental history can best advise you. I wish you the best.