Will my bruised ribs cause me not to have a bowel movement i bruised my ribs a week and a half ago i haven't had a bowel moement for 4-5 days i also have i.B.S. So don't know if the hurt ribs are effecting me or not i damaged them (ribs) in the front and

Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry

In brief: Bruised

Bruised ribs won't prevent you from moving your bowels, but it's natural to feel afraid of moving your bowels if it causes you to have rib pain.
It's a psychological thing. Speaking from personal experience, the best thing you can do is try to relax. When the fruit is ripe, it falls from the tree! ask your doctor if it's ok to take a mild stool softener like dulcolax, so you'll not strain and have rib pain. Sit, relax, give yourself time, bring something to read to distract you, and let nature take its course, and don't feel you must go. Believe me, you will go when you're ready.

In brief: Bruised

Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Howard Fox
Dr. Adam Smith