I've overcome my eating disorder. What should I do avoid getting it again?

Dr. Peter Forster
In brief: Support
Make sure that you have people in your life you can talk to about what happened and who can help you watch for tricky situations.
Sometimes a support group can help. Think about alternative ways of dealing with stress and watch for stressful situations and practice those alternatives.

In brief: Support
Dr. Peter Forster
Dr. Peter Forster
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Don't stop treatment
Unless you have the clearance of you treatment team or source.
That could be a long way away or even never. Stay with what has been successful unless side effects or unforseen complications occur from treatment or continuing is almost impossible. Overcoming a significant eating disorder is like overcoming heart trouble or diabetes, it varies but some treatment always is necessary.

In brief: Don't stop treatment
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Jane Van Dis