Are swollen glands common with canker sores? Could I have an infection? I have had a huge canker sore on my cheek now I have a small ones on my tounge, lip, and back near my wisdom tooth and my glands are swollen and feels better after i brush.

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Canker sores

are the most common oral lesions.
Individual ulcers typically last 1-2 weeks. Canker sores are usually accompanied by swollen lymph nodes. Try to keep adequate oral hygiene as possible. If concerned see your dentist after 10 days or visit today for laser immediate amelioration.

In brief: Canker sores

are the most common oral lesions.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

The glands are lymph nodes which are part of your body's defense mechanism. When fighting off infection, they may swell up and become tender. The location of the sores you mention and the swelling of the glands leads me to suspect that you might be having an episode of herpes in conjunction with the aphthous ulcers.
You might want to see your dentist or family md for an evaluation. Feel better.

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler

In brief: Hello,

Hello, our lymph system drains germs, old blood cells and other "junk" in the body.
There are a number of lymph nodes on the jaw and on the neck, that help to drain the mouth. Lymph nodes usually aren't felt. However, when they become inflammed (like working double time with a canker sore) then they can become enlarged and tender. It is not uncommon to have swollen lymph nodes with canker sores.

In brief: Hello,

Dr. Duane Keller
Dentistry

If the infection is a virus (usually) it is common to get an immune system response (swollen glands).
Keep all areas clean and consider medications for canker sores if they reoccur. Check with your dentist, he / she should be able to help you with the right medication after he/she sees what is going on.

Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Duane Keller
Dr. Shontae Buffington