How long do oral appliances for apnea usually last? It looks like I'm going to be getting one of these to help with my snoring and sleeping, and would like to know how long I can expect it to last. Will it have to be replaced often? .

As . As with any dental appliance, maintenance is key. Acrylic (plastic), of which most dental appliances are made is designed tip last about five years. However, as the other doctors started, the biggest variable in the life spam is the patient. Get the appliance if you need one. Use it properly, and have it cleaned and maintained by your dentist. I require all my patients to bring their appliances with them for every cleaning appointment. We inspect and clean them as part of the cleaning appointment. I don't even charge for it. Best of luck, dr. Zev kaufman.
Depends. As the other doctors have commented... It varies from patient to patient. The industry standard appears to be from 2 to 5 years..
Congratulations! . Congratulations! sleep appliance works even in severe cases (w/ uvulopalatopharyngoplasty). Some appliances works better than others and some are more durable depending on what you decide to use (and expense). Wear and tear depends on usage and parafunctional habits as well. I have a patient who's husband died next to her while sleeping. Consider yourself lucky if you are diagnosed early and accepted the recommendation of treatment. Live long and happy...
The . The durability of a sleep apnea device varies from patient to patient, depending on how hard they clench and how well they have their device cleaned. We usually recommend reviewing and replacing every three years. Dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.