What is the best home remedy to reduce swelling caused by an abscessed tooth? I'll be going into my dentist to have him look at my tooth soon, but i would like some proven things i can do at home to reduce swelling and pain. .

Dr. Zev Kaufman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Dr.

Dr. Mcleod is right.
There is nothing that you can do at home. In addition, going to the emergency room just wastes previous tax dollars. Please go see your dentist, or go to the many free clinics, or hospitals residencies out there. The resources are there. You just have to go... Best wishes, dr. Zev kaufman.

In brief: Dr.

Dr. Mcleod is right.
Dr. Lance Timmerman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Essentially

Essentially there is nothing you can do.
Ibuprofen can help a tad, but truthfully nothing significant can be done without a dentist.

In brief: Essentially

Dr. Neil McLeod
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: There

There is no best home remedy to reduce the swelling caused by an abscessed tooth, you will be joining the ranks of those who develop septicemia, and put their lives on the line and the future success of their dental restoration.
For centuries generations of humans have been confronting to tribulations of dental ailments, pharaohs and caesars king and paupers alike have all prayed finally for the barber surgeon who cold relieve their ailment. Even robert burns the famous lionized scottish poet wrote a poem about his twelve month tooth ache. "my curse upon your venom'd stang, that shoots my tortur'd gooms alang, an' thro' my lug gies monie a twang wh' gnawing vengeance, tearing my nerves wi' bitter pang, like racking engines! " for goodness sake get your self you a dentist now! dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.

In brief: There

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine