Can the body reject an endodontic implant? I'm going to need an endodontic implant, and since it will be implanted so far down in my jaw i'm concerned about the possibility of my body rejecting it or me having some kind of reaction. Is this possible? .

In brief: Endodontic

Endodontic implants (e.
I.) were used many years ago and the procedure has been abandoned for the more predictable intraosseous implant. E.I. Are posts that were extended through the existing tooth root canal into the surrounding bone, more deeply than a tooth root was designed to go. So your answer is **yes they can fail** now, in more modern times, the entire tooth root is removed, allowing the bone to heal & solidify, thereby offering a greater, more stable foundation for support. These current implants are placed into the jaw bone & don't need to be any longer than a normal tooth root & will not jeopardize the health of the surrounding bone & structures, because they simply replace the tooth root. A porcelain tooth is attached to the implant & will look, feel & perform like a natural tooth.

In brief: Endodontic

Endodontic implants (e.
Dr. Bruce Apfelbaum
Dr. Bruce Apfelbaum
2 comments
Dr. Randolph Todd
As noted endodontic implants have been replaced by a more predictable technique for replacing untreatable natural teeth. It should be understood however that any implant has the ability to fail. Discus all options with your dentist before treatment. Management of expectations assists you in your recovery.
Dr. John Yu
Whether your body will reject the implant is not related to how deeply the implant is placed. If you truly have titanium allergy, your implant will fail to integrate no matter what depth. Titanium allergy is rare, but you can get tested if you want to know.
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dentistry

In brief: I

I am assuming that you mean endosseous implant since that is what is predominately placed today, and yes the implant can fail.
Endosseous implants are made out of surgical grade titanium which has a great track record of being biocompatible. Titanium is used not only for dental implants but for hips, knees, etc. It would be unlikely that if the implant fails that it is due to your body rejecting it, but not all implant placements are successful. Talk to your dentist about the predetermining factors regarding your particular situation.

In brief: I

Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. Alan Zweig
Dr. John Yu
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Titanium rejection

Whether your body will reject a dental implant is not related to how deep the implant is placed.
If you truly have titanium allergy, your implant will fail to integrate no matter the depth. Titanium allergy is very rare, but you can get tested if you want to know.

In brief: Titanium rejection

Dr. John Yu
Dr. John Yu
Dr. Marsha Davis