What should I ask surgeons about Asian eyelid surgery during interviews? I'm going to start talking to surgeons to find one to do my Asian eyelid surgery. I want to choose the best one, but i'm not sure what to ask to make a good choice. And what should t

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Asian blepharoplasty

Training and experience are very important factors for a skilled surgeon.
Have your eyelids evaluated by a board certified surgeon with expertise in these procedures.

In brief: Asian blepharoplasty

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Donald Yoo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Asian blepharoplasty

A good start would be: where did you receive your education? What board certification(s) do you hold? How many asian blepharoplasties did you perform this past year? May i see before/after pictures.
May i speak to patients of yours? Which technique do you recommend? (suture, partial, incisional) what kind of fold do you recommend? (infold, on, outfold). What can i expect from surgery?

In brief: Asian blepharoplasty

Dr. Donald Yoo
Dr. Donald Yoo
Dr. Michael Edwards
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Ask

Ask if you are a good candidate, how is it done, what are the potential risks & complication and how many of these surgeries has the doctor done.
Dr. Edwards.

In brief: Ask

Dr. Edwards.
Dr. Michael Edwards
Dr. Michael Edwards
Dr. Edward Ray
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Explain what u want.

Make sure you explain to the surgeon what you are looking for. "asian eyelid surgery" entails many things.
Removing the fold of skin (epicanthal fold) above the corner of your eye is sometimes done, sometimes not. Creating a "double eyelid" entails creating a nonexistent crease on the eyelid to resemble a "western" eyelid. Make sure the surgeon understands want you want to look like!

In brief: Explain what u want.

Dr. Edward Ray
Dr. Edward Ray