Can a doctor refuse to sign a form to get your drivers license bavk after having a EEG done and not finding seizure activity? Passed out for just a few seconds at work bck in october due to breathing in a chemical and hospital turned it in to penndot as a

In brief: Hello.

Hello. I can't place judgment in situation.
The issue is that an eeg may not be abnormal at the time it is being done, even if the person has a health problem. The doctor has some degree of responsibility for safety if there is concern that the history or physical examination was consistent with a seizure. I know when I have had to not recommend driving for patients with dementia, i usually felt bad because it was so upsetting for the patient. However, i had to do what i believed was ethically and medically the right thing. There is an avvo legal site in which you can ask this from a legal perspective if desired. Take care.

In brief: Hello.

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine