I have a question. 10 years ago i had a kidney removed because of a kidney stone.They toke out the right kidney. But now I have the same pain on my left side. Do you think it's another kidney stone but i went to the doctor and they gave me 3 different ki

Dr. James Krick
Urology

In brief: Solitary kidney

With your history it is very important that you have a urine culture and a ct scan of your remaining kidney.

In brief: Solitary kidney

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: There

There must be concern for an infection if you were given Cipro (ciprofloxacin) and flagyl, which are antibiotics.
Flomax does help a kidney stone pass. Having to have a kidney stone removed is very unusual so it must have been a very large complicated stone. Once a kidney is removed, the patient must be monitored very closely if they have any subsequent kidney problems. If a patient in this scenario developed pain, fever, vomiting, or worsening symptoms then they must immediately contact their doctor as they only have one kidney left.

In brief: There

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine