How could I help prevent cervical cancer?

HPV vaccine. One way to prevent cervical cancer is to get one the hpv vaccination (gardasil or cervarix). Certain hpv types lead to cervical cancer, but not all cervical cancers are due to an hpv infection.
Good habits. Such things as abstaining from sex may not be feasible. Minimizing the different sexual partners, such as having sex with only the person you marry is ideal. Use condoms. Hpv virus is the causative agent and Gardasil vaccine can prevent it. Therefore girls are being vaccinated when they are young. However nothing is risk free and rare devastating side effects in these young girls have happened.