How do I remove dark scars on penis do to burning off warts. Had genital warts years ago, burned them off myself.How do I get rid of dark scars(please)!

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Burn

Burn scars usually last a lifetime.
The good news is that they lighten over time. There is a cream called mederma that you can buy over the counter that may help lighten the scar. Read the instructions prior to buying to make sure this gel can be used on the genitals. Lastly please do not perform any more home medical procedures on yourself, this can be dangerous, and leave long lasting scars. There are other treatments for genital warts that would have resulted in no scars. Good luck.

In brief: Burn

Burn scars usually last a lifetime.
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson