Need some good diet tips. I'm currently trying to shed like 45/50 lbs.I've tried so much.I also cut out the fast foods.I never really liked drinking soda.I'm stuck on water, vitamin water.Also diet green tea.And i will shed a few lbs but end up gaining it

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Counting

Counting calories and keeping a food journal can be two of the most effective ways to lose weight.
Being accountable for what you put in your mouth by writing it down and being aware of calorie values will make you think about what you are eating. It is important to eat a good variety of foods, so as long as you count your calories, nothing necessarily has to be "off-limits". Get a kitchen scale and weigh your foods in order to know exactly how much you are eating and therefore how many calories. The healthiest diets involve whole grains, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats, fish and moderate dairy. Sugars and added oils/butter should be used sparingly. You need to eat at least three meals a day, though some people will advocate more frequent, smaller meals. An exercise program with a lot of cardio (brisk walking every day is the best!) is also important for muscle tone, strength, and cardiovascular health. Good luck!

In brief: Counting

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Eat foods that are nutrient dense (like meat, fish, poultry, eggs, cheese, low starch vegatables and water) avoid foods that are not nutrient dense (like starches and sugars, including fruit) nutrient dense foods will increase your basal metabolic rate.
On the other hand, starches and sugars impair thyroid metabolism via affects on your liver (which helps activate thyroid hormone).

In brief: Nutrient dense foods

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil