How is a person supposed to act 3 days after getting a pacemaker? Male 87 years old weakness sleeps a lot no energy can't catch my breath after minimal walking across the room unsteady on feet no balance

Dr. Joshua Buckler
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: It

It depends in part on how you were before the pacemaker was placed.
If all of these signs and symptoms are brand new since having the pacemaker placed then you need to be seen immediately. These are very concerning symptoms if they occurred after an invasive procedure. If these are not dramatically different than how you were before the pacemaker was placed and you were expecting rapid improvement with the implant, recognize that many of the programming changes that help "fit" the pacemaker to you will typically be made during your return visits in the first month after implantation. I would still recommend contacting your cardiologist and discussing your concerns with him/her.

In brief: It

Dr. Joshua Buckler
Dr. Joshua Buckler
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology