Is a pregnancy test an option? Slight nausea, breasts are heavy & feel full, heartburn, my nipples have been leaking, both breasts leaking, feeling slightly light headed mostly towards the end of the day, sudden exhaustion no matter how much sleep I get

Pregnancy test. If you had sex since your last period and missed your period by 4-5 days, do a home pregnancy test. If the result is negative repeat the test 4-5 days later unless you get a period by then. Use first morning urine and follow the instructions for the test carefully.
If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time, every time. You may consider implanted contraceptive, or IUD.
.
As . As doctors, the first thing we do when we hear that a fertile woman is having a missed period or abnormal spotting, we check a pregnancy test. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period and a doctor's test is accurate around the time of your next period. Either way, you should give your doctor a call. If you are pregnant, then it's important that you start your prenatal care. If you are not pregnant, then your symptoms may be due to a hormone imbalance and you should be seen and evaluated for that problem. Good luck!