Can herpes or a vaginal yeast infection cause a skin rash throughout the body? I have a skin rash that develops first with an itch and then a round red bump appears. The first few where limited to my lower left arm and looked more like bites but then dis

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: It

It would be very unusual for herpes or vaginal yeast infection to spread throughout the body.
Other medical issues, such as MRSA (methicillin resistant staph aureus), eczema, psoriasis, pityriasis, or other dermatological issues can cause a rash on the body. Trying a mild anti-bacterial soap and mild lotion may be helpful, but if it is a worsening rash, or if the patient had fever or new symptoms, then the patient should be medically evaluated.

In brief: It

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Levy