Are there natural methods to prevent and treat osteoporosis and osteopenia?

Osteoporosis. The best way to prevent osteoporosis is a healthy diet with plenty of calcium and weight bearing exercise, like walking.
Yes. A diet rich in calcium (dairy, dark green vegetables, fortified foods) and vitamin d (fish, eggs, liver, fortified foods) can help. A little sun exposure stimulates your skin to make vitamin d. Avoid or limit smoking, alcohol, and sodas. Muscle building exercises stimulate bones to take in more calcium. Many prescription meds can cause bone loss; talk to your doctor about these.